Re: Request: Source for parts of GNU/Solaris

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 07:35:11PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 04:48:52PM -0800, Erast Benson wrote:
>
> >  this URL also does _neither_ offer access to the apt
> > > (0.6.40.1-1.1) nor your patched debhelper (4.9.3elatte) as requested in my
> > > other mail.
>
> > I'm personally working on it, and I will not commit those changes until
> > they will be tested. Rememer, these all binaries are under development, and
> > available for developers only.
>
> Sorry, but that doesn't mean it's your choice to not distribute the source
> which matches the binaries.  If you haven't tested it enough to be willing
> to release the GPL source, then you shouldn't be releasing binaries either.

WhatSteveSaid++.

Also, it's even *more* important to release source whenever you're producing
binaries for "developer testing".  How are developers supposed to help test
and debug the program if they can't use the source to identify the problems
and fix them?

- Matt