Re: initramfs-tools backport?

Andre Luis Lopes a écrit :
> It's not official, but there're current (2.6.14) kernel images backported
> to Sarge available at http://www.backports.org/pending/ .
>
> Also, you will find there yaird (but not initramfs-tools) and udev
> backports, which should allow you to run a recent kernel in a Sarge
> system.

It seems impossible to build and install a 2.6.14 kernel
(from kernel.org) with initrd on Testing (Etch)
(make-kpkg --initrd kernel_image ..  ; dpkg -i ../kernel-image...)
without dpkg complaining about some "initrd support" error.

I installed yaird and dpkg happily installed the kernel image.

Hope this can help others too.

Ch.