Re: apt-proxy

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Simple question: is apt-proxy still being maintained?

Yes, it's. Chris Halls is doing a big refactoring of it.

Current sid version has a lot fixes and more's comming.

Unfortunatelly I hadn't time to work on it anymore and major of last
work was did by Chris. Could you help with its development?

> Based on the growing list of bugs, I suspect not.

apt-proxy has some critical problem in its base and that's why a
refactoring is in process.

> A quick glance of some of the reports shows no sign of response from
> the maintainer.

In past I was active in its development but lack time to work on it
since I started to work in others projects and to help to maintain
some like  grub, parted, discover and etc...

> Some users in fact have completely given up.
>
> A recent bug I have discovered makes it unusable.

I already saw your bug report and I'll see if Chris can handle it or
I'll try to do it ASAP.

Sorry!

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R