Re: removing /etc/hotplug.d/ support

also sprach Gabor Gombas <gombasg@sztaki.hu> [2005.08.24.2204 +0200]:
> So IMHO udev is more generic than hotplug.

This is Unix, not monolithic-land.

Also, udev was set out to do nothing other than device node
management.

> > The other comment is that udev is not generally accepted. A lot
> > of people still have reservations about it.
>
> I think the reason is that udev is still under rapid development
> and people are only starting to explore the flexibility it
> provides.

Uh, that's one way of looking at it. The other might be sheer
insanity on the side of the developers.

> The question is will etch support 2.4 kernels out-of-the-box or not?

... which we can't answer yet.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"half a bee, philosophically,
 must ipso facto half not be."
                                                     -- monty python