Re: Is dpkg --compare-versions canonical?

also sprach Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> [2005.08.23.1908 +0200]:
> case, I wanted to double-check and be sure that dpkg --compare-versions is
> the canonical ordering for version numbers.  I'm pretty sure it is, but
> better safe than sorry to check.

Yes.

> Is there a document anywhere outside of the dpkg source that explains the
> algorithm for how version numbers are ordered by the archive software?

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html#s-f-Version

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

micro$oft: "you've got questions? we've got dancing paperclips."