Re: update of (several) config files

also sprach Tomas Davidek <davidek@ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz> [2005.08.23.1401 +0200]:
>  I am trying to set up a tool for easy update of several computers in
> our institute. For example, I would like to create a package that
> updates several config files, e.g. /etc/apt/sources.list etc.
> What is the best way of doing that ?

It's a notoriously bad idea, but check dpsyco. Or cfengine2,
especially with respect to Steve's recent docs:

  http://blog.steve.org.uk/index.php/archives/2005/08/23/cfengine-explained/

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"prisons are built with stones of law,
 brothels with bricks of religion."
                                                      -- william blake