Re: Results of the meeting in Helsinki about the Vancouver proposal

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 07:28:55PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> On 21-08-2005 03:58, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > We also came to the conclusion that some of the requirements proposed in
> > Vancouver would make sense as initial requirements -- requirements that
> > a port would need to fulfill in order to be allowed on the mirror
> > network -- but not necessarily as an 'overall' requirement -- a
> > requirement that a port will always need to fulfill if it wants to be
> > part of a stable release, even if it's already on the mirror network.
> > Those would look like this:
> [snip]
> > Overall:
> [snip]
> > - binaries must have been built and signed by official Debian
> >   Developers
>
> Currently, sponsored packages are only signed, not built, by official
> Debian Developers.

I don't know about others, but I never sign and upload packages
built by others; I always rebuild packages when I sponsor someone.

I really hope others do the same.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //