Re: runlevels remodeled

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> You get that behaviour if you boot "emergency" mode instead of single
> user. (You can't switch to it from multi-user mode though.)
> In my experience emergency mode tends to be more useful than single user.

Same, here.  Debian rc.S does too much IMHO.

However, emergency mode is a major pain to even shutdown the system
afterwards.  It is really not supposed to be used as the usual "I need this
fucking thing in a clean state without anything running and depending on
nothing but itself (no network crap) to do some work" single-user mode.

  Henrique Holschuh