Re: package tracking system issues

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 01:40:04PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le vendredi 12 ao?t 2005 ? 18:32 +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar a ?crit :
> > >  1.  The system warns that the bug tracking system contains patches,
> > >      but there aren't any bugs with patches except one bug that has
> > >      been closed for a long time and in fact will be archived in one
> > >      day.  There's a note about a patch from Ubuntu.  Maybe it's
> > >      counting that.
> >
> > Isn't supposed to, but this code isn't in CVS (yet). It does look like
> > a bug indeed.
>
> Of course it's in CVS already !
>
> I bet the problem is related to "version tracking" of the BTS. I'm
> running ~hertzog/bin/process-index.pl on merkel.debian.org. It scans
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This file is not in CVS, at least not in its latest version, nor run
from QA's crontab. That's what I intended to subtly refer to :).

> So in this file, the bug 258977 looks like "open"... and if I check
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=258977 it's marked as
> done but I don't see the mail closing the bug report (is that a new
> feature/bug of debbugs) ?

This is very likely related to version tracking. I don't believe I know
yet of version-tracking safe index files of the BTS, but then, I didn't
look into it either, yet.

Regardless, the /org/qa.debian.org/data/bts2ldap/fullindex is a more
complete index of bugs, and it's also used by most other QA scripts in
favour to the index.db file. The DDPO system extracts very similar data
to the PTS from the bugindex, I think that in order to prevent double
work here, those two scripts can probably best be merged -- also so
that DDPO & PTS don't have different bugcounts for, from the user point
of view, very obscure reasons.

Anyway, this isn't really ontopic for -devel at all, rather -qa...
Let's continue there.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar