Re: pbuilder status update

Hi,

I'm sending an update on how pbuilder/debootstrap is doing right now.

pbuilder CVS has a rough support for cdebootstrap;
it seems to be doing well, today it's not working
for me; maybe it could do better sometime.

Patch in http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=314858
seems to be required; please somebody NMU debootstrap.

debootstrap:
1. sarge succeeds
2. etch fails with some base packages not being set the right priority
   Wrong package (slang1a-utf8) seem to be pulled in.

I: Configuring required packages...
I: Installing base packages...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.  This will be attempted 5 times.
pbuilder: debootstrap failed
 -> Aborting with an error
 -> cleaning the build env
    -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//22977 and its subdirectories

3. sid fails in a strange way probably related to #314858

 -> running debootstrap
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
I: Checking component main on http://ring.asahi-net.or.jp/archives/linux/debian/debian...
E: Couldn't find these debs: 35065842
pbuilder: debootstrap failed
 -> Aborting with an error
 -> cleaning the build env
    -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//27924 and its subdirectories

regards,
	junichi
--
Junichi Uekawa, Debian Developer   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/
183A 70FC 4732 1B87 57A5  CE82 D837 7D4E E81E 55C1