Re: Fedora Directory Server port to Debian ?

Paul Wise <pabs3@bonedaddy.net> writes:

>> Is somebody working on porting/packaging FDS to Debian?

> http://bugs.debian.org/315297

Bad package description.  It tells me something I don't care about (namely
the acronym expansion of LDAP) and none of the things I do care about (why
would I want this package rather than some other directory server).

> As far as I can tell, there is no-one packaging it yet, feel free to
> contribute, I imagine that it would be good to have this in debian.

Out of curiousity, why?  I can't think of any reason to run FDS when we
already have OpenLDAP, having had the experience of dealing with FDS's
technological predecessor.  Is it just the multi-master replication that
people are interested in?

(Whatever the answer is, assuming there is some compelling feature not
found in OpenLDAP, it should go into the package description.)