Re: Bruce Perens hosts party at OSCON Wednesday night

** Andreas Barth ::

> * Thomas Bushnell BSG (tb@becket.net) [050804 18:48]:
> > Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:
> > > * Miles Bader (miles@lsi.nec.co.jp) [050804 13:54]:
> list policy

> > > Because the intent is obviously to forbid any sort of spam.
> >
> > Well, while the message was certainly UCE, that doesn't
> mean I thought
> > it was inappropriate.  Perhaps the policy is just fine as it is,
> > allowing Debian developers to post suitably targeted messages.
>
> I think we can leave that call to the listmasters (at least, I'll do
> that).

IMHO this is a profound disrespect for the great work done in Debian by Bruce.
Furthermore, it's just stupid.
And to boot, an e-mail calling for curriculae for a recruiting party is on-topic to a DEVELOPERS list, and not Unsolicited by those of us (like myself) that could use a new, better, job and for those of us that could use ANY job at all.

Massa