Re: http://torrents.debian.org -- idea

Mick Weiss <micklweiss@gmx.net> writes:

> After the DebConf5 Videos came out, I e-mailed Joey (joey -at-
> infodrom.org) about seeding torrents for the videos. I had mentioned
> that I had always thought that debian should have a torrents
> sub-domain with a list of torrents for the cd images and other large
> data.
>
> FWIW: I am aware of http://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/
>
> The idea isn't just for CD images, but also for other things that
> might take insain amounts of data (e.g. videos).
>
> Would that be a good idea to have that sub-domain? Has this been
> brought up before?
> Joey suggested that I mention it on the list.
>
> What do you guys think?
>
> btw: (would this have been more appropriate on
> debian-project@lists.debian.org)? I wasn't sure.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> - Mick

I was looking for a torrent for the videos because I didn't want to
wget them with my dsl line disconnecting every now and then. So I
think this would be a good idea.

Why don't you, if you can run a tracker somewhere, start with a
torrents.debian.net and see how it goes. I guess you need some kind of
access control so not everyone can upload a random torrent and so that
enough people can upload a torrent to make it usefull.

MfG
        Goswin