Re: Removal of transitional dummy packages

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:
>>> No, that's not true, we don't *need* to remove woody-to-sarge dummy
>>> packages, as they are also woody-to-etch dummy packages.
>> We do not support that.
> There is no "we" here.

Oh, there is! *We* ('Debian') have no policy to force maintainers to
make direct upgrade paths from old releases possible, so some
packages support it, most don't. It's the same with downgrades: Some
people care about them and change their packages to make them, most
don't.

Marc, doubting that there are any problems to update the lg-* packages
From woody
--
BOFH #340:
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service