Re: skills of developers

Hi *,

What kind of discussion is this? We can't effort more bureaucrazy (typo
intended) in the project. Let the people doing the work do the work
instead of first measuring their ability. If you are not able to
maintain a package basically you wont. Or you wont for long as somebody
will take over. And critical packages are assigned anyway so why bother
that much?

Apart from that I'd say that everybody doing relevant work for the
project should be able to get the developer status. It's not about being
able to write C, C++ or something. It's about being important to the
project in any way.

Imagine Christian Perrier would just do translations - don't you think
he would be an important part of the project anyway?

Greetings

        Torsten