Re: RFS: libssh - SSH and SCP library

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:32:27PM +0200, Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester wrote :
> On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:56:51PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote :
> > Le vendredi 08 juillet 2005 ? 06:46 +0900, Junichi Uekawa a ?crit :

> > > Are you sure?
> > > People were running around GPL is not compatible with
> > > openssl license; and LGPL has a option to make the
> > > code GPL.
> >
> > The point of the LGPL is to avoid such incompatibilities. If you can
> > link it with proprietary code, you can also link it to code under the
> > OpenSSL license.
> >
> > That said, I think too we should favor libgcrypt, because it has a
> > lighter security record.
>
>   I mailed him about that and SONAME versionning.

I got his reply. As Junichi thought, he doesn't know about SONAME
versionning. I pointed to him chapter 6 of the libtool manual.
He said he's only using "basic cryptographic stuff from libcrypto,
which are less likely to have security problems." As he has been
approved by google's "Summer of Code", the next two months' work will
only be functionnality adds. Changing cryptographic library is not a
priority, but at queue of the TODO.

Regards,

--
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester