New gimp-print packages in experimental
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
gimp-print (renamed to gutenprint) is near its 5.0 release. I've
uploaded a prerelease to experimental, which is also available here:
It integrates with a number of other packages, and so I would be
grateful if the respective maintainers could test it before it enters
unstable. General upgrade testing would also be appreciated.
- - cupsys, tested with an Epson Stylus C60
- - ijsgutenprint, tested with an Epson Stylus C60
- - foomatic data needs testing
- - gs-esp and gs-gpl need to remove the STP patch, which is no longer
supported. Once gutenprint enters unstable, they will no longer
build from source otherwise.
- - gimp (gimp-print) needs testing after the current FTBFS bug has been
- - cinepaint needs updating to use and build depend upon
- - apsfilterconfig can no longer provide the stp driver
"4) gimp-print (stp driver [DEPRECATED - use ijs]; version 4.2.x)"
which will be removed from gs.
In addition to these specific packages, any other packages which
depend indirectly on libgimpprint, ijsgimpprint, the foomatic data or
other gimp-print features should be converted and tested to work with
I would be very grateful for anyone who has time to build and install
the packages, and report any upgrade failures. Any regressions in
print quality, colour reproduction, usability, integration with other
packages etc. will also be very helpful.
Printing on GNU/Linux? http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org/
GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848. Please sign and encrypt your mail.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.8 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----