Re: TODO for etch ?

Jesus Climent wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:39:16PM +0400, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>- <insert your items here>
>>

>- Early start of X, while some other stuff is still loading on the bg.

That's a single package "problem" so not exactly an Etch todo candidate.
But I think the real problems for slow boots is the hardware detection.

>- get rid of hotplug in its actual incarnation. Is hell of slow and
>  painful.

I agree that it is a bit slow :) But again, this is a single package
problem more suited for BTS. For example see bug #309588 where there is
a patch to speed up hotplug.

- Adam