Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 02:50:59PM -0400, Eric Dorland wrote:
> I think keeping the name does hurt Debian. Keeping the name means we
> cut a Debian specific deal. That doesn't sit well with me. I don't
> want to get special treatment just because we're popular.

We don't get a special treatment just because we're popular.

We get this treatment because upstream thinks we're doing a good job
(which is great), and it seems likely that other people who do a
similarly good job will get the same treatment. So it isn't even a
special treatment.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond