Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:40:04PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> Debian does, in fact, treat most of its upstreams precisely this way.
> Debian publishes a large portion of its changes primarily in the form of
> monolithic diffs relative to upstream source.  The last time I saw figures,
> the usage of dpatch, cdbs, etc. was rising, but not yet the standard
> operating procedure.

That doesn't necessarily mean much; see cvs-buildpackage,
tla-buildpackage, darcs-buildpackage, svn-buildpackage, etc.  Plus I
suspect there are plenty of packages out there that are maintained in
some sort of VC environment without using these specific maintenance
scripts.

-- John