Re: [HELP] libldap2 2.1.30 breakage?, guru for ld.so needed

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 09:16:15AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Have you actually got a specific problem with the changes I did, or
> really, the results of them?  There were a couple problems where people
> had old libldap2's hanging around (which is a rather serious mistake
> anyway...) but I havn't seen any other problems with that change yet...

I had a bad feeling in how the linker or ldconfig would react given that
the soname does not match the file name of the library anymore. After
some discussion on irc I am convinced that the symlink way is the best
thing we can do.

I improved the libldap2.postinst a bit so that it should be able to
handle any libldap.so.2.0.xx leftover files.

Greetings

	Torsten