Re: Example where testing-security was used?

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 12:47:14PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 12:34:21PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > But setting up autobuilders doesn't require a new infrastructure
> > (and shouldn't require more than half a year).
>
> In this case, it did because of scalability issues. This was known and
> publicised for quite a while; so either you're being deliberately
> obtruse now, or you didn't properly do your homework before sending that
> post.

Sorry if I'm too dumb, but I do still not get it.

Perhaps I'm confused becaused it's called _testing_-security - but it
is never used for testing and therefore seems to not be required for
security support in testing.

Where exactly are the publicised scalability issues?

Are the stable-security autobuilders not capable of handling two stable
releases (AFAIR they were at potato/woody times, but my memory might be
wrong)?

Yes, I might be too dumb for understanding this issue.

Please give me dumb person a simple explanation when the
testing-security infrastructure will actually be used.

TIA
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed