Re: Debian kernels

On Monday 30 May 2005 06:01, Laszlo Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu> wrote:
> > (*) I don't have time to take on another package at the moment.  But I
> > would be happy to help someone who wants to package auditd.
>
>  I have a little time and would like to package auditd. There are two
> problems I am asking for:
> 1) What's the timeframe? Should it be available for Sarge, so it needs
>    quick packaging?

It is ready for Sarge and it would be good to have it.  It's in RHEL4 already
and will be in Fedora Core 4.

> 2) I don't have experience with SELinux, but as my secondenary workplace
>    just switching to it from GRSecurity (and I am the maintainer of it
>    in Debian), I think it would be a fit for me even if I need some more
>    time to deal with it.

Auditd is necessary for full SE Linux functionality.  Recent changes have SE
Linux audit messages giving less information unless they go through the audit
layer and with the volume of some of the audit messages it's best for
performance and reliability to have them go through auditd.

Your message wasn't clear but seems to imply that you want to get involved in
SE Linux development.  If so then please contact me off-list, there's plenty
of work to share.