Re: ITP: sid - Run commands in your /sid chroot

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:35:43PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:56:54PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Well not really, but I am using a program called 'sid' for some years
> > now, and I thought I would share it with you.
>
> Here's my wishlist bug report then ;-)
>
> I would like to be able to end up in the same directory inside the
> chroot as I was outside. (Assume I have bind mounts or equivalent
> directory structures or whatever.)
>
> I need to chroot into my i386 install to build packages on amd64.
> Usually I'm in the right directory on amd64 debugging so a chroot to the
> same directory to do the i386 build would be very handy.

I think sid do that since it preserve the cwd:

seventeen - /usr#cd /usr
seventeen - /usr#ls
bin  doc  games  include  info  lib  local  lost+found  sbin  share  src  X11R6
seventeen - /usr#sid
[Sid] seventeen - /usr#ls
bin   doc    include  lib    openwin  share  X11R6
dict  games  info     local  sbin     src

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.