Re: RFC: A new video-related section

Le Vendredi 27 Mai 2005 14:00, Philipp Kern a écrit :
> Gergely Nagy wrote:
> > Then media players are just fine in graphics or sound, depending on
> > which is their main focus (or they could even be in gnome or kde,
> > or whatever).
>
> Please see it from a user's point of view. If one wants a media
> player why should (s)he look in "gnome" or "kde"? And I personally
> would not expect it in graphics either. In fact some players are
> currently in the section of their corresponding desktop environment.
>
> But following your statement all media players should go into
> "sound", as they play sound files and movies (which also have a sound
> track in them).

the right thing to do would be to switch from sections, to keywords, so
that kmplayer could live in sound + video + kde, instead of multimedia
that is not very informative.

the same holds for ogle or other DE front-ends to popular midia players.

I agree kde and gnome sections are completely uninformative, though they
are useful too in order to categorize apps that belongs to those
desktops environments (not all kde apps begins with 'k' nor gnomes ones
with a 'g').
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit