Re: Regarding unresponsive Debian maintainers

El Martes 24 Mayo 2005 01:48, Thomas Bushnell BSG escribió:
> Cesar Martinez Izquierdo <dispiste@gmail.com> writes:
> > IMHO, after a year, the bug should have been fixed, otherwise it should
> > be tagged "help", and ideally the maintainer should write a short
> > explanation about why he is unable to fix the bug (so that other people
> > can really help him).
>
> It's reasonable to ask the maintainer to tag the bug "help", but
> currently we don't have any such requirement.  I wouldn't mind adding
> one, and then cases like this might be easier to handle.
>
> We can expect a maintainer to request help, and make a new rule that
> they should do so in this particular way, but we cannot expect
> maintainers to fix bugs.  It's nice when they can, but in general
> Debian maintainers are not expected to be sufficiently expert
> programmers.

Well, if it is a bug in the program, not the package, then it should be
forwarded upstream and tagged accordingly, and I'll also be happy in this
way.

I'm complaining about the cases where the bug is not solved for long nor taged
in any way.

I think Debian would be healthier if tags were properly used in DBTS (as this
helps others to also fix bugs).

  César