Re: dependency on base package adduser ?

#include <hallo.h>
* Matthijs Mohlmann [Tue, May 10 2005, 09:05:25AM]:

> In the preinst we do an adduser to let pdns run with another user then root.
>
> The bug submitter says that we need an dependency on adduser. But i'm
> not really sure about it because adduser is a base package. And i
> thought you don't have to depend on a base package.

"base" is not a priority level or so, it is just a term for packages
that are installed by the original installer. And nothing forbids the
local administrator to remove one of these, unless they have "required"
priority (eg. libc6) which adduser does not belong to.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
<Aquarioph> Lieber Kinder zuhause, bitte nicht poppen, da ist am ende
	alles kleiner als am Anfang :)