On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:14:30 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 06:10:30PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:42:20 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> [...]
>> >
>> > - Both in public[0] and in private, Martin Pitt (acting in an Ubuntu role)
>> >   and others from the Ubuntu community have been collaborating with the
>> >   Debian security team on patches for a wide range of vulnerabilities
>> >

>> Yes, I would like to reiterate that coordination between Martin Pitt, the
>> Ubuntu kernel team, and the Debian kernel team has been an invaluable
>> resource for Debian; there are a lot of security fixes in Debian
>> kernels that were brought to my attention by either Fabio or Martin.
>
> Because they are in the security-announce-loop and we are not though, right ?

Somewhat.  Occasionally I'll be kept in the loop by Joey, but that's more
the exception than the rule.  I can't blame him, though; he's quite busy
(he's going to have to summarize all this crap for DWN soon, for example
:). Instead, I blame vendor-sec for their rather lame non-disclosure
policies (but that's besides the point).