Re: xend is stopped before xendomains in debs

This one time, at band camp, Adam Heath said:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> > I don't understand. What is the bug? The order sysv-rc uses to
> > run the scripts is the standard order used by POSIX when you
> > do a "for i in S??*". That is well known. If that isn't what
> > you'd like it to be, fix the priority of the Sxx symlinks.
>
> Hrm.  Maybe this is a problem with update-rc.d.  But I don't know.
>
> update-rc.d defaults bar creates rc2.d/S20bar and rc6.d/K20bar, and
> update-rc.d defaults foo creates rc2.d/S20foo and rc6.d/K20foo.  During
> start, bar is started before foo, which is what is expected.  However, during
> shutdown, bar is stopped *before* foo, instead of the other way around.
>
> Yes, one can change the priority of one of the scripts.  But that is a lot
> more overhead.
>
> I'm cc'ing devel, as this could be a more general problem, worthy of a broader
> fix.

It really is not that much more overhead to specify stop order in your
scripts to avoid this problem.  It looks to me like a packaging bug, is
all.

Take care,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |