Re: Shouldn't kernel-image-2.6.x-y-z depend on alsa-base ?

Le mercredi 09 mars 2005 à 20:33 +0100, Thomas Hood a écrit :
> In theory I guess there should be an oss package that was the homologue of
> the alsa-base package.  It would include files that would blacklist ALSA
> modules, just as alsa-base blacklists OSS modules.  These packages would
> Conflict with each other and 2.6 kernel-image packages would Depend on
> their disjunction.

Doing that, you'll get the same criticisms from people who don't want
sound.

> An alternative is to drop ALSA modules from the 2.6 kernel-image packages.

Yes, we agree that this is a good solution. The questions now are
whether the kernel maintainers want to do this, and whether this is
feasible before the release. Kernel maintainers, could you say a word
about that issue?