Re: Shouldn't kernel-image-2.6.x-y-z depend on alsa-base ?

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:50:10 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Without alsa-base installed, hotplug and discover will load both
> modules, resulting in various disasters depending on the hardware. It's
> not because things work with your setup that they are suitable for a
> stable Debian release.

In theory I guess there should be an oss package that was the homologue of
the alsa-base package.  It would include files that would blacklist ALSA
modules, just as alsa-base blacklists OSS modules.  These packages would
Conflict with each other and 2.6 kernel-image packages would Depend on
their disjunction.

An alternative is to drop ALSA modules from the 2.6 kernel-image packages.

--
Thomas Hood