Re: mipsel drop / buildd situation Was: [Fwd: Re: GTK+2.0 2.6.2-3 and buildds running out of space]

Op di, 08-03-2005 te 17:58 -0500, schreef Joey Hess:
> Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > This argument has been brought up so many times by now that I'm amazed
> > people /still/ try it.
> >
> > The answer is, simply, 'not'. Go learn to use google if you want to know
> > why.
>
> You're ignoring people arguing the other side of the issue.

No, I'm not.

> For example,
> in <20050222200955.GA14422@kitenet.net>, I give some very real examples
> of how having to support many architectures has redireted a lot of my
> time away from other activities that could have sped up or improved the
> release.

I very well remember that mail. The key word in Clint's mail that
prompted my reply was 'current' (problems). d-i has been ported to all
our architectures now, which required a lot of work, and doing a d-i
release still requires quite some work to synchronise that among all our
architectures, I presume. However, the point is that having many
architectures does not effectively stall our release today.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks