Re: list what's in the NEW queue?

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:17:51AM +0100, Wouter van Heyst wrote:
 > On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 06:03:04PM -0600, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
 > >  * it's not ftp-master's business to judge on _technical_ merits of
 > >    the pacakge (bad packaging practices, missing dependencies,
 > >    ignores /chapter and verse/ of policy, ...), so we can safely
 > >    rule that one out
 >
 > I had the impression this was an important part of the job.

 While it's true that there _are_ automated tests for some (important!)
 parts of policy, I really do _not_ want ftp-master installing and
 deinstalling a bunch of stuff in order to tell me that Foo needs to
 depend on Bar.  I also do not want ftp-master to waste time questioning
 why libfoo-perl does not depend on libfoo1 perl (which would be easy to
 catch and also a mistake to fix -- yes, I'm thinking about one very
 particular example of something still stuck in NEW last time I looked)

 Have ftp-master question copyrights where -legal already reached a
 (positive!) consensus if that gives them joy...  but have them say
 something!

 Again, I'm really not talking about plain silly and stupid.  I would
 have thought that was obvious.

 Marcelo