Re: Squid logrotate fails and Postfix could not send message after dist-upgrade

Am 2005-03-02 08:29:09, schrieb Klaus Fuerstberger:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, if this is the wrong list for my request. Maybe you could give me
> the direction.

        debian-user-german

> #################
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> error: error running shared prerotate script for /var/log/squid/*.log
> error: error running shared postrotate script for /var/log/squid/*.log
> run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1
> #################

There was already someone which had send messges abour this subject.
Please check the BTS ("logrotate" and "squid")

> I have the following mount options, which are IMO ok:
> /dev/hda5 on /usr type ext3 (ro,nodev)
> /dev/hda3 on /tmp type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
> /dev/hda6 on /var type ext3 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
>
> If I mount the /var with exec Option Postfix smtp runs in chroot and
> works. Why should /var be mounted exec after the dist-upgrade? I think
> this should not be.

Is there a wraper for postfix in "/var/lib/postfix", does postfix
need "/var/tmp" to be "exec" or something similar ?

> Bye,
> Klaus

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi