Re: Diversion of APT tools by dpkg-cross (apt-get,apt-cache,apt-config)

Hi Paul,

> I think that -a is only really useful if you can also easily specify the
> --root option to dpkg.
We use dpkg-cross as wrapper for installation. dpkg --root is not required
for this APT wrapper.

> So some way to do that would be a good idea, I think.
The APT wrapper is used to installed foreign architecture's packages and
all their dependencies with dpkg-cross without have to bother with it
manually. Of course, the other APT functions are available too: source,
build-deps etc.

> Just my .02 from trying to get apt and apt-build to work with dpkg-cross
> awhile back.
The apt-build tools works after some tweaks with this APT wrapper. I intent
to publish the minor modification on apt-build in the next weaks, I hope.

--
Raphael Bossek

--
10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail