Re: Is anyone packaging `lame' ?

* Marcelo E. Magallon:

> On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 03:39:23PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
>
>  > The existing European software patents were granted based on the
>  > assumption that you can differentiate between a computer program and
>  > its underlying ideas.  I think such a distinction is indeed possible,
>  > and granting theese patents does not contradict Article 52.
>
>  I am curious, what do you have in mind?

You're preaching to the choir. 8-)

I fully agree with you that software patents are not a desirable
thing.  However, I don't buy the argument that granting a patent which
can be infriged by software (and even if it's by software only, at
least with current technology) automatically violates § 52 EPC.