Re: Filing bugs with upstream

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 09:26:44AM +1100, Ian Wienand wrote:
> So say I've found a bug in Nautilus that exists in upstream.  Gnome
> has a well maintained bugzilla where I can file the bug.  Do I then
> file a Debian bug pointing to the Gnome bugzilla report?  I do I file
> a Debian bug and point the Gnome Bugzilla report to it.  Or do I just
> file a Debian bug and hope the maintiner files one upstream?

I'd say, file a bug upstream, then file a bug in Debian with the
upstream bug number and tagged +upstream, and then comment on the
upstream bug with the Debian bug number.

It largely depends on the relative responsiveness of upstream and
the Debian maintainer, which can only be learnt by trying this and
seeing what happens next.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.