Re: Linux Gaming (Was: Full replacement of MS)

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 01:30, Steve Lamb wrote:
>      Same here.  That's the only reason my game machine is Win2k as the
> primary boot instead of Linux.

Xbox or PS2. Linux goes on hda1....

> > Really?  I haven't.  I'm still bleary eyed from too much drinking and
> > playing Unreal Tournament 2004 at the expense of sleep,
>
>      Ungh.  They blew it with UT2004.  Don't care for the game so them
> having a Linux version is worthless.  :(

To you.

>      Problem is most of their games suck.  Of the latest batch of FPS games
> Doom3 was dead last.  Half-Life 2 and Far Cry both put the final nail in
> the coffin of iD as anything more than a second rate game maker who happens
> to make aweseme game engines.

Ok, well, you disagree with 90% of the market I guess.

>      I'd love nothing more than to switch to Linux for gaming.  I'm willing

Then get a chair, because it's going to be years. Time to make other plans, I
guess. Mod an Xbox. That's what I did, and Linux has been running 24/7 since.