Re: please test new quik with initrd-support (was: Re: getting quik into sarge?

Christian Leimer wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Can someone please post a sample quik.conf?
>
> Do you use the ramdisk option or the append string one, any other
> settings?
>
> I have an Umax S900 and it does not work here.
> Says something about can not find the root device.
>
> I use an adaptec uw2940 and a ext3 formated hd. Maybe this is the
> troublemaker.
>
> And what is that chosen/bootargs= for?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bye chris.

Hey, cool it works.

As mentioned in a part of the thread I changed the option in quik.conf to
initrd=initrd.img and it worked. I tested the 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 kernels from
sid.

So you can add the Umax S900 to the supported list. What about that I use
ext3?

And a lot of Thanks to the programmer, that saves me time and I dont have to
compile my own 2.6 kernels any more and it is also good for the new sarge
release. So, a really goood work.

Bye chris.