Re: please test new quik with initrd-support

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 11:40:36AM +0100, Simon Vallet wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:58:48 +0100
> Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>
> > and, better not to forget, the new quik.deb is available at
> > http://www.ulyssis.org/~p2/debjes/
>
> It doesn't seem to help on a Beige G3 Rev II, using
> kernel-image-2.6.9-powerpc and initrd : I get stuck at
> VFS : Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (1,0),
> which is what I experienced with previous quik versions.
>
> Here are the relevant quik.conf options I used :
>
> image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-powerpc
> append="root=/dev/ram0 initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.9-powerpc
> video=radeonfb:1024 x768@85"
> Label=Test
>
> Are there other kernel command-line options to try ?

The quik.conf should be :

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.9-powerpc
append="root=/dev/ram video=radeonfb:1024x768@85"
initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.9-powerpc
Label=test

Could you send me the boot log ? Does the kernel recognize the initrd
image ? Does the kernel get the correct commandline ?

Thanks,

Peter (p2).