Re: Finding an improved release process.

John Goerzen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:35:52PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > >
> > > In that case, we could have just kept the installer from woody and been
> > > done with it, no?
> >
> > Well, if people had been willing to maintain it, yes. But there didn't
> > seem to be any significant interest in doing so.
>
> On the other hand, it worked already.

Yes, it worked once upon a time. Without 2.6 support, without hardware
detection, without LVM, without Wireless support, and so on.

>We seem to decide we have to
> rewrite the installer from scratch for each new release, and it seems to
> slow us down each time.

Apparently everyone who actually had a look at the boot-floppies source
used up a stack of brown paper bags and decided to _not_ put more
effort into it.

We don't even managed to do security updates of boot-floppies for that
reason.

Thiemo