Re: Finding an improved release process.

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 07:17:48PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2004,  wrote:
> > 36 months pass
> > Sarge+1: 3 years later if current trend continues [2007-Dec].
>
> You should also look at the size of each release.  They all have more and more
> packages.

True, but I seem to recall that things like the installer have been the
final delaying problem for the past several releases.  In fact, the
installer has been a perpetual problem for us, I think.  In this case,
it's not right now, but it was for a long time.

We also have been way too ready to delay an entire release for a few RC
bugs, when we should just drop the packages or take them with the bugs
(on a case by case basis).

-- John