Re: RFC: common database policy/infrastracture

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

I have two remarks while working through database-common-0.5:

 1. IMHO it is not good to use the same default in the template for

    Template: database-common/postgresql/dbname
    Type: string
    Default: ${pkg}

    Template: database-common/postgresql/app-user
    Type: string
    Default: ${pkg}

    There is no reason that ${pkg} is the default for dbname and
    app-user.  I'd suggest to use a different variable here.  If not
    at least the later template would be unuseable for me.

 2. I did not found a template for the text which should be displayed
    if the passwords for app-pass and app-pass2 should missmatch.
    moreover it would probably a good idea to provide a shell function
    which could be loaded by the configure script which consistently
    handles password insertion.
Third remark:

 3a) Ask on install (priority high, default "yes":
      Should the change of the server configuration be done automatically?
 3b) Ask on purge (priority low, default "yes":
      Should the configuration change be reverted?

Kind regards

             Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de