Re: Intent to mass-file bugs: FDL/incorrect copyright files

Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm not insisting on that.  In fact, in the general case, I believe
> individual maintainers are the ones who should be making these
> judgments.  You may disagree with the maintainer, and the maintainer may
> choose to weigh the advice of debian-legal in making his or her
> judgment.  However, I fail to see on what grounds other than the through
> decision by the CTTE, the leader, or a GR, that a maintainer may be
> overruled.

This is incorrect - the FTPmasters are free to overrule individual
maintainers. Try uploading a new package with an empty copyright file if
you're interested in testing this. In turn, it's plausible that they
could be overruled by the technical committee or the DPL.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org