Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

On 24/10/2004 Mike Hommey wrote:
> If people test unstable, then it's unstable we should release, not
> testing. As somebody said in this thread not enough people are trying
> testing, and that's one of our problems in the release cycle.

just to say that, i know of many debian users (me included) that run
unstable on their development machine, but testing on inofficial,
nonrelevant or in any way non-high-availabilty servers.

and the problem with freezing unstable is, that after release unstable
will become rather unusable, as not all developers will stop with
development of new and significant changes in their software.

bye
 jonas