Re: Drop testing

* Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de) [041025 15:10]:
> At least they won't poison Sid with fresh things that may others life
> more difficult. Eg. new library versions.

And why should that work better than now? The developers _are_ asked to
not poison sid. The advantage of testing is however that we have some
chance to un-do broken actions.

> > they like less than x but still more than y. So this will at least fail,
> > and probably hurt debian too.

> Maybe. What is the alternative? Continue with the current method and
> release Edge... 2009 or so?

If we could get back to facts, our main problem is _not_ that sarge is
not in release-quality. Sarge is (mostly) in very good shape, and the
remaining problems would be there also with your proposal.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/