Re: Security updates for sarge?

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:40:58 +0200, Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> said:

> Hi, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Again, are you volunteering to go out and learn how to do it?  Or
>> is this yet another time wasting rant?
>>
>>> Heck, If I were a DD, I would be glad to help whereever
>>> needed. The
>>
>> Ah. Just a spectator, booing and hissing at the people who have
>> stood up to be counted.

> Manoj, please stop.

	I would much rather that the peanut gallery stop, in which
 case I would never have intervened.

> The last time this came up, at least four people offered to help. At
> least one of them (me ;-) considers himself to be qualified and
> experienced enough to do the job without further help from anybody.

	Are you, then, setting up a system for the security team to be
 able to build packages for testing?  (you did mention you needed no
 further help from anybody).  Is there a reason you are not indeed
 putting things in place?

> Asking whether people want to leatn how to do the job is thus
> pointless.

	No, having people who merely want to come up with rants
 against people who are doing the work is a good thing.  If you don't
 think things are being done well enough, and that you can do better,
 by all means go ahead and scratch your itch.

	manoj
--
"The part I think I'd like best is crushing people who get in my way."
Calvin