Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 12:35:11PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

>>> Nonetheless, you won't deny it makes things significantly slower.

>> By saying that it makes a negligible difference, he *did* deny that it makes
>> things significantly slower.

> I forgot to add "in Debian". No need to be harsh.

I'm not sure why you think it's harsh of me to refute a bald,
unsubstantiated assertion about what someone else believes -- which is what
your comment is, with or without the "in Debian".  If Colin (who is in a
better position to judge this than I am) believes that the architecture
count in Ubuntu did not contribute significantly to the speed of their
release cycle, then he's clearly making a case that there's merely
*correlation* between the architecture count and the time to release, not
*causality*.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer