Re: Does the Debian gpg key infrastructure support multiple sub-keys?

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:49:26 -0500, Graham Wilson <graham@mknod.org> said:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 09:09:53PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Rob Browning wrote:
>> > If I added a new sign/encrypt sub-key to my Debian key, would I
>> > be able to use that to sign and upload packages?  Would the
>> > Debian
>>
>> Yes, mostly.  Some stuff (db.d.o and vote.d.o come to mind, but I
>> am not sure about that) require you to always sign using the master
>> key.

> db.debian.org for sure requires you to use your master key to do
> things like changing your SSH public key, or your password.

> Last time I voted I asked Manoj about it, and he said he was
> babysitting GnuPG to handle subkeys I believe. Manoj, what is the
> status of a newer, more function GnuPG on master for devotee?

	I hand ported the Sid version of gpg at the time of the last
 vote and installed it on master -- so it ought to be OK. And post
 Sarge, when master is updated, we should be golden. ;-)

	manoj

--
Madison's Inquiry: If you have to travel on the Titanic, why not go
first class?