Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:36:13 +0200, Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> said:

>> include <hallo.h>
> * Jérôme Marant [Fri, Oct 22 2004, 10:20:51AM]:

>> Some improvements have already been proposed by Eduard Bloch and
>> Adrian Bunk: freezing unstable while keeping testing.

> Jerome, please, you could have asked me. I prepare an internal GR
> draft for exactly this issue, but it is to be made public on the day
> of the release, and better not before. We should concentrate on
> making the Sarge release ready, NOW. Do not start another flamewar.

	A ^%$#^ GR? to decide on technical issues like release
 management?  This is incredibly stupid.  We used to never decide
 technical issues by popular opinion -- and, anyway, a GR on release
 policy is a no-op. The proper way to go about changing the release
 mechanism has already been demonstrated by AJ -- he went off and
 implemented testing on his own, shadowing the real archive, wrote up
 the testing scripts, and came back with numbers, and proof of
 concept, not a meaningless vote.

	You know, all this politicking, as opposed to writing code, is
 probably the prime factor behind any decline in the quality of the
 distribution.

	manoj
--
Q: What's the difference betweeen USL and the Graf Zeppelin? A: The
Graf Zeppelin represented cutting edge technology for its time.